Thursday, October 6, 2016

Introduction to Inquiry essay

I am standing in front of the treadmill taking deep breaths. It is the third day I am at the gym and I feel exhausted. I want more than anything to take a nap or to relax but I push myself. I climb back onto the treadmill and keep going. It might seem a little extreme, but I am on a mission. The whole reason I am here is to try and see if I can improve my mood over the course of two weeks naturally. Not only does this undertaking allow me to improve myself physically, but it gives me a release for the negative feelings and stress of my week or day. By using exercise as a release it allows me to think about what causes my stress or anxiety and to reflect on it. Is it that I am too involved in many things or is it because I procrastinate on my work too much? My time on the treadmill is winding down and I start slow my run. My thoughts are no longer racing and I find myself with a clear head for a change. I still find it difficult to keep up with exercises and I have no clue as to why anyone would regularly commit to the gym. Yet maybe those people are on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment